HS2 Ground Investigation Engineer

How to become an HS2 Ground Investigation Engineer

Make sure you study the right subjects at school – the sciences will be useful, especially physics and biology, as will geography and maths. These will help put you on the right path for university – but don’t underestimate the value of work experience along the way. Contact some of the organisations listed below and see if you can organise some time working with ground investigation or geotechnical engineers.

The following degree subjects are particularly relevant:

  • Geology
  • Geophysics/geotechnology
  • Engineering geology
  • Mineral/mining engineering
  • Civil engineering

Above all, find out about the HS2 project – we’re always impressed when interview candidates can show they’ve done their research.

Institution of Civil Engineers

Institution of Materials, Minerals and Mining

Geological Society


Back to top